I haven't really felt like blogging lately. My life is well, yucky right now. My husband leaves for a mission in 16 days. My son leaves for basic training in 19 days. One will be in the Philippines and the other in North Carolina. Worlds away from Wahiawa, Hawaii. Me. Insert pity party for one here::::::
Beau pointed out it could be worse. My most despised phrase a man ever uttered. Seriously? Of course anything could be worse but this is pretty damn yucky. I don't want to hear that phrase in any given situation. EVER. I know it could be 15 months like his last deployment. I know it could be a 12 month deployment. I KNOW. But does it help me now? No.
Ok, I'm going to vent since I'm in bitch mode. Last winter when we had a major ice storm in Ft Sill/Lawton, Oklahoma, we lost electricity. We had no lights, no heat, no way of cooking, no water even. It was pretty S H I T T Y. We had to hunt a hotel that wasn't booked up tighter than a frogs asshole. When we did find something it was a hotel from a horror movie, if I squinted long and hard enough I know I saw a chalk outline of a body on the stained {probably blood stain} carpet. During the middle of all this my daughter was having a major health issue. Stupid ME brought my laptop and logged onto Facebook. You know, see what the thawed outside world was up to. I had put our circumstances out there, just tossed em' out there for idiots to comment on. And do you know what some said, I don't know how many but let me tell you ONE was quite enough, they said this: "It could be worse."
Ever think you imploded so hard that you quite possibly gave yourself a heartache from the trauma of it? Stroke perhaps? Partial paralysis? If so you know how I felt after reading that idiotic statement.
It could be worse. Really? How? Burning in the lake of fire known as hell? I'd say short of losing a family member to a fatal accident, it pretty much was the worse thing for my family...at the time. Those who said it could be worse of course was sitting in the comfort of their home, toasty home, with food, running water, heat even.
Bitter? Yep.
Now, back to my situation at hand. If you want to soothe my ruffled soul, never tell me it could be worse. Its like telling a person who just lost a loved one, "They're better off now." What???? Really??? Is that something you tell a grieving person? Thats something else you should never tell me. I'm a greedy bitch, I want my loved ones here on planet earth with me. Now when I die, sure, they can go ahead and die too. But while I'm living I'd like everyone I love to continue on living too.
People just irritate the shit outta me. Including my husband for getting this rant started. Dammit.
Whew, I feel better. I'll ask God to forgive me for all the nasty words but thankfully He is very understanding.
Its almost 3am and I reckon I better mosey on to bed. I think I blogged out all my grievances. I'm sure if I stayed up long enough I could come up with some more, but I better get while my eyes are heavy. G'night.
Peace. Love. &. Good Sense.