In other news today...32 days until Brody graduates BCT!! As exciting as that is its only short lived because from there he goes to Virgina to AIT. Ah, what mothers go through. He's wrote me twice and called three times. And let me tell you, I cried each time I read and re-read those letters and choked back the tears while on the phone with him. Afterwards is a totally different story. Boooohoooo! Who'd ever think I'd cry over missing Brody??
In one of his letters he told me that he missed me and he guessed, yeah guessed, he was still a mama's boy. This letter will be forever treasured. After only seconds of an 'awww' moment the thought of new blackmail material took its place. I mean I'm not going to lie about it and certainly not going to let something like this go to waste. No way.
During one of our brief and I do mean brief, phone calls I asked him if he was sure this is what he wanted to do. He said, "THIS is what I'm going to do." So what if my heart swelled with pride. And if tears came to my eyes, big deal. Probably SPF in them anyway. Nevertheless, its quite comforting to know that during the hard part of BCT he was still loving what he's doing. Its no walk in the park I hear. Especially being the runt of the litter. He sure does make his mama proud.
Sadly I won't be able to be there to watch him graduate. I can't even tell you how hard this is for me and how it makes me want to cry every time I think about it. {surgery is just a few days before his graduation, my doctor said he will not release me to fly} I'm not going to dwell on this part, because I WILL cry. Just know its hard on my heart and soul knowing I won't be there.
I love my son dearly and I miss him more than words can express.