Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Son's Homecoming

I'm pretty excited, my son will be home from BCT & AIT this coming Saturday. Assuming the Army doesn't change any plans. And you know they do....

We're planning a big BBQ for his coming home celebration & inviting all of Beau's soldiers over as well. That's a LOT of people at my house. I'm not sure I'll be sane by the end of the day. But it'll be worth it.

Brody's visit will be short but at least we'll get to see him! He's leaving for 30 days for Tacoma, Washington. Upon returning it's back to training for his deployment. I can't believe he's getting deployed so soon but that the life of a soldier. I'm super proud of him.

Sally Jo's looking forward to spending time with her brother. I never thought those two would miss each other like they do. Hopefully he'll be able to talk some sense into her stubborn head. I swear she will be the death of me! I just thought guy problems in her teens was draining to my very soul. It was just a hint to what was to lay before me. If it isn't her unwillingness to pick a career and finish college, it's trying on a different guy every few months to see how well he fits. Oh yeah, only to be thrown away like yesterdays garbage. I know my friends all give me the same advice, she's young let her have her fun. Really? These are people with teenage kids or no kids. Her fun is my slow death. These grey hairs that I cover up every 4 to 6 weeks is all due to her ''fun'' and I give her all the credit for any stress or bitchiness that is directed at the world. But I love her & support her even during her craziness...aka fun. ha!

I am going to the beach in the morning and playing in the sand with a precious 2 yr old little boy. I'm sure I'll have mixed emotions, wishing my kids were that little again & having pity for the road that lays before his mama. lol Either way, it should be a fun day and I'm excited.

My adorable husband is laying on the couch waiting ever so patiently for me to finish my blogging so I can snuggle with him. So I'm going to wrap this blog up and wish you all a night full of sweet dreams.

Peace. Love. &. Sandcastles.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic