I'm sitting crossed legged with my laptop in my lap on my comfy bed. It's 2:38PM. Do you want to know why I'm ''in'' bed in the afternoon? Well I'll tell you....
My AC is out. I'm hot. I'm cranky. The coolest spot in our home is on said bed. So here I sit, in a not so good mood. What's worse is that the shades in my bathroom are annoying the hell outta me with the noise they so love to make.
Do I sound pissy? Could be because I AM. The neighborhood kids outside are not cute today, their chatty lil voices drifting up into my bedroom window is also annoying. This is making me feel better though, blogging it out on here. =)
I was looking around my room wondering if there was something productive I could do. Sure there is. But am I going to do it? No. I see dust. I see some shirts on my dresser that I've tried on and tossed back down. {I'm really good at trying on and tossing} The two gorgeous dresses I purchased yesterday are still laying ever so lovely on my jewelry stand. I guess now they'll be going to the cleaners before I wear them. Nice.
Speaking of those dresses...
I have now purchased THREE dresses in hopes of finding just ONE to wear to my husbands Army Company Ball. Now see this is the problem, I refuse to wear a formal dress. I'm forty years old and I will not, WILL NOT wear a prom dress. I know they make formal dresses for things outside Proms. But to ME, they all look prom-y. I just won't do it.
The first dress I bought is a zebra print maxi dress. A lil more dressy than a summer dress. Well, I wouldn't wear it for every day. It has sparkles. But it wouldn't surprise me to see some female sporting it around the commissary buying groceries, I've seen worse.
Second dress is a plum colored short dress, no sparkles, no frills...but very nice and proper. Boring but cute.
Third dress is a print maxi dress with splashes of zebra print mixed in with the other prints. Long and really cute.
Also purchased was a pair of retro-looking black high heels that I fell in love with immediately. I was buying them regardless to what dress I chose to wear to the Ball, the shoes was going to be worn! {admitted shoe addict, right here}
Now choosing which dress will be hard. First dress is a lil snug. But I know that it'll eventually fit even if I don't wear it this year there is always next year. It's my favorite. What girl doesn't love something sparkly??
Second dress is too boring I think. But it fits remarkably well and suits my body type. Basically it hides all my flaws.
Third dress is my second favorite because of the zebra print in it and it's long. It too hides some flaws but it's spaghetti strapped. I have issues with my arms after losing so much weight, they're wings instead of arms. I guess I could just fly to the ball in that dress.
But more importantly the shoes look good with all three dresses.
I'll let you know which dress I pick. Eh.
Peace. Love. &. AC.