Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Cathead biscuits and tomato gravy.

I've managed to do some housework. Nothing to strenuous. {though shoving all those shoes back into the closet about made me break a sweat} It's time to cook supper. I talked myself out of attempting to make cathead biscuits and tomato gravy.

You see, Beau is from Mississippi and was raised on the two. {I've never ate it much less cooked it} He's about as southern as you can possibly get. He joined the Army when he was 18 years old, hasn't ever moved back to Mississippi. Only going back to visit his mama and family. He still has that southern accent that can't be mistaken. He reminisces about his childhood and teenage years growing up on a farm, when he tells those stories it's like you were there. Barefoot and all. He grew up to be a very handsome man. Strong, stubborn and set in his ways. I'm proud to say he's my husband. Of course I have to toot my own horn here, I'm a pretty strong woman just to be married to the man. To survive hearing, "That's not how my mama did it" and him barking out orders like I'm a soldier is no small task. I just want you to know, he's a lucky man that I love him. I remind him that I'm NOT one of his soldiers but a GIRL. It always gets a chuckle. I love my southern man more than all the cathead biscuits in the south.

Oh I'll make them real soon and you can bet I'll be blogging about that little endeavor. I'm a southern girl myself, just not that SOUTH. I grew up in southeast Oklahoma and was raised on my grandma's chocolate gravy. Another blog waiting to happen, Beau has never ate it. It's past time for me to show that man what real grandma cookin' is all about.

Well, I'm off to make taco soup for supper. Probably not as tasty as tomato gravy but it'll have to do.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic