Today was quite successful. I cooked. I cleaned. The two most important ingredients in being a housewife. The spicey aroma of mexican food filled the air, mixed with all-purpose cleaning liquids. Ahh.{It came to me today, that one could just splash a little all-purpose cleaner around like perfume to make it appear like one has been cleaning all day...just saying.} The look of approval on Beau's face was worth that hour of busting my plump bottom before he was due home. Whew, if I'm correct in thinking, that was at LEAST two or three pounds of weight loss. Who needs cardio when you're a housewife on a time schedule.
Brody, the teenage son, went to work without eating. He called on his way home wanting to know if I cooked. If I cooked? Did he not get the memo that I, his mother, is now a housewife?? Of course I cooked. He seemed a little bit unconvinced. To his surprise there was indeed supper waiting on him. His housewife mother even heated it up for him. I impressed myself if nobody else. I was rewarded with a "this is some good stuff ma". {Yes he calls me "ma" and it's even in that hick accent you'd imagine it'd be in}
Sally Jo, the teenage daughter, stuck around the house until Beau and I disappeared in our bedroom for some innocent cuddle time. She knocked, peeked in and slammed the door shut. Yelling in a disgusted voice, "why do you guys always have sex???". Ah, nothing like grossing one of your kids out. It's way under-rated. We couldn't convince her we weren't, {and why we feel the need to explain ourselves to one of our own kids is beyond me!} so she promptly left the house. It was a source of great amusement for us and we did what any normal parents would do in a empty, quiet, kid free house.
Beau and the kids are sleeping now. All I hear is the whirling noise of a ceiling fan and the second hand of the kitchen clock. I went to bed with Beau and stayed until he was fast asleep. {takes all of five seconds} Took his uniform out of the dryer and gathered up all his PT gear for in the morning. Five o'clock is way to early for even the best of the best housewives to be gathering up gear. And now here I sit. Feeling accomplished.
Tonight I asked Beau how he was feeling. He answered, content. That pretty much sums of my entire life. Content. I couldn't ask for more, wouldn't expect anything less. Content. I love that word. More importantly, I love my family and I love being a housewife.