Thursday, February 18, 2010

Rocky III

When you love someone you do things you never thought you'd do or even think possible. Since falling in love with Beau I've put myself into situations I never would have before, been places I'd only dreamed of going, seen things I'd ever only read about and needless to say it's been one hell of an adventure. I've developed new patience, new vocabulary, and new opinions. {mainly for self-preservation} A new chapter of my greatest story ever told gets written on a weekly basis.

Take movies for instance. I like romantic comedies and well, girlie girl movies. After Beau made his entrance into my life I have watched more manly movies than I care to recall. Today is a prime example. He comes home for lunch and after eating the two tuna sandwhiches that this housewife made him, we watch tv. Rocky III to be exact. {ever roll your eyes so hard and many times you feel like they're a penny machine at the casino?} But because of the love I have for this soldier I call my husband, I get comfy on the couch with him to watch the said movie.

I find myself getting interested in this he-man manly movie, I start asking questions. {which Beau hates with a passion, probably why I ask more questions than needed} Now the peculiar part of this whole story I'm telling comes after Beau goes back to work. I sat on my couch and finished watching Rocky III. All by myself, nobody making me, talking me into it, or emotionally blackmailing me into spending time with them. Weird. I actually said a few things outloud, directed to man pummeling Rocky. MY Rocky. I'm amazed at myself, I sat willingly through the rest of that movie. Beau would be so proud.

I feel like I should go out and buy a Rocky poster for my wall or something. Looking around I have no Rocky paraphernalia. I'm a all or nothing kinda gal. Sadly.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic