Friday, February 19, 2010

Working out.

What have I got myself into this time??? Beau gets up at five every morning to go PT, comes back home to change and goes back to work. Now, when he comes back home it's still too early for this housewife to be up. I'm not responsible for anything I agree to or say yes to. I'm just not. Or thats MY way of thinking.

Over the past couple of years I've yo-yo dieted myself up to a pretty hefty number on the scales. This is the year I've decided to do something about it. I do want support from my husband, not the kind that brings forth anger. The quiet nod of the head saying, "job well done" will suffice. Thats what I want.

Beau Prine has never been accused being nice, no not once. He has nice moments. Not to be confused with kindness either. Just a spurt of nice. It's like a shooting star, if you blink you'll miss it. {or like driving through my hometown} Having explained all that, I'll get to my point. There IS a point.

At say, around 7:30 or 8:00 this morning while still sleeping I get woke up by Beau. We, rather he, talks for a bit and I hear something that sounded something like "do you want to go work out today". I'm asleep and surely my hearing is muffled and I thought, sure why not. I must have muttered a yes, yeah or sure thing. Because low and behold at noon today when he comes home for lunch he asked if I still wanted to. Wanted to? Does anyone actually, literally WANT to work out? I think not.

I couldn't very well say no, trust me I was screaming a NO in my mind. I can't show weakness to this man. My loving husband had a hint of what looked to be amusement in his eyes. I really think he expected me to say no. I showed him! I said yes. {what the hell am I trying to pull here?}

So as it stand now, I'm going to the gym to work out. Me. Did I mention I've put on a few pounds? {ok, so more than a few} I mean I don't have to walk sideways to get out the door but still, I think one should lose some weight before entering a gym. Did I also mention this is a gym on POST??? A gym filled with already fit soldiers, men and women. It's one thing to work out with men but skinny women??? Oh how I hate me some skinny women.

I have ONE pair of suitable workout bottoms, I use them to LOUNGE around in. The most strengous event these workout/lounge pants has ever seen is me walking to post office. Twice. First time it was fun, second time I thought what the hell am I walking for?? Haven't done it since.

I could possibly die tonight at the gym. Either from actually working out or embarrassment. Both very possible, very. That'll teach Beau Prine to ever ask ME to work out again.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic