Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Moving.

We're moving to Hawaii. Yay!

Now the fun part is out of the way here comes the yucky part. The actual move. I have far too many things. Things I don't even see on a daily basis. Things I never use. Things I only use once a year. Things that it's only purpose in life is to collect dust. Things I don't even like. Things I don't why I bought. Things I was given. Things I was blackmailed into keeping.

What I do know is that I have came to the conclusion that I could live the rest of my life without all these things. Simplicity is best. It's my new motto. {I will need reminding of this at later dates}

Having just said that, I will now admit this: I went to Ross and Hobby Lobby today. If you're a woman you know exactly what this means. I bought more things. To make it worse, Beau was with me. He never once told me no. I kept looking at him to read his expression. Go on or stop while I was ahead. I got the GREEN LIGHT. I went for it! The only thing he said during the whole shopping frenzy was this: you ARE getting rid of more things at home, right? But it wasn't in a question form. If you know what I mean. I'm not one to be pushed around, even by this grizzly but I do know my limits...or his I should say. I was teetering on the edge of the cliff. Hobby Lobby had a sale. I need not tell you what cloud I was on, yeah, the 50% off cloud!

My fingers were actually and literally fidgeting, needing to touch, snatch and put things in the shopping buggy. {I'm from the south and yes, it's a BUGGY!}

I'm so proud of Beau, he didn't yell or growl one time. Proud wife moment for sure. Now it's piled on top of the things that have been taken down from the walls onto other bigger things. Our house is a mess. A complete mess. It's driving Beau insane but he's imploding. {smiling}

So, the movers will be here in 5 days and as much preparing as I've done, I'm not anywhere near ready for them. I've got "to keep" and "yard sale" piles and boxes everywhere. I'm ready for this chaos to be over. I'm ready for 30 days of visiting friends and family before the long airplane ride to Hawaii.

More importantly, I'm ready to put up all my new things in my new house. {that we don't even have yet!}

Ciao for now!
Image and video hosting by TinyPic