I like it because I can keep up with friends and family. Living 1000's of miles away it makes it really nice to see what's going on back "home" and to keep in touch. If it wasn't for Facebook I wouldn't have got back in touch with some cousins and aunts that I really love. And for that, I'm thankful to FB.
What I don't like is the drama. The things people say that really hurt, offend and well, plain old piss you off. To tell you the truth I'd rather be pissed off than hurt or offended. These people wouldn't be on my FB if I didn't care about them, though I admit I need to do some FB house cleaning. When I read something that someone says and I'm like OMG or WOW, I instantly want to delete or hide them. Then I think I don't want to hurt their feelings. I mean thats almost ridiculous seeing how they obviously don't care about what they're doing or saying on FB so why am I worried about hurting THEIR feelings. Vicious cycle, I know.
I guess it boils down to me wanting my friends and family to be perfect and if not to keep it better hid to the outside world. I'm almost sure, actually I know I've offended and pissed off people on FB. But in my defense it was only after they put their opinions on MY FB and didn't like what my reaction was. I never go out of my way to say things I know will hurt, offend or piss off someone. It's suppose to be a fun site not some drama pot stirring gates of hell pit stop.
I read a bunch of crap on FB that really upset me, two faced people are the worse. Especially if I happen to love them. What is a girl to do? Ignore? Isn't that like condoning what they're doing? Ignorance is bliss. This is a true statement. I guess that means I'll hide these people who I love and want to remain perfect in my eyes. Perhaps I'll stay perfect in their eyes this way too. Perhaps...
I've got a great life and honestly the only drama these days come from Facebook. How very sad is THAT???? I'm almost too ashamed to even admit that. I think to myself; I'll just stay off of FB. But you know that's almost impossible. It's like a soft addiction for me. I can admit it. Maybe THAT is the problem? Funny how I work things out as I blog it out. ha! So I guess I just made up my mind to get on FB minimally.
I'll just have to find a hobby. Like what? My new quest: new hobby. Should be fun. Too bad Hawaii doesn't have a Hobby Lobby. (love that store)
Well, my Rangers are still down and I'm over here not being very supportive. Guess I'll mosey back to the couch and do some cheering.
Ciao for now.