I've been planning our Christmas feast in my head. I've came up with several different things and I finally agreed with myself, Italian spread it is. Lasagna, stuffed manicotti, garlic knots, green salad, steamed fresh veggies and I think a red wine.
Now that is taken care of, I have other plans that need planning. I want to do something special for Christmas Eve. I think I'll make finger foods. Invite some people over for a game night. Poker or whatever comes up. Rent some movies perhaps. I've got my Christmas music list made and ready to go. I need to find a holiday margarita recipe, or just holiday mixed drinks in general. Definitely Baileys. By the way if ever looking for a great mixed drink site here you go: www.thebar.com
Ah just found a Frozen Russian recipe. I might have to try this one out before Christmas Eve. Yummy.
Drink Recipe Ingredients:
- 1 oz. Baileys Original Irish Cream (25 oz. per bottle)
- .25 oz. Smirnoff No. 21 Vodka (25 oz. per bottle)
- .25 oz. Godiva Chocolate Liqueur (25 oz. per bottle)
- 2 scoop(s) vanilla ice cream
Drink Recipe Preparation:
- Add Baileys Original Irish Cream, Smirnoff No.21 Vodka, and Godiva Original Liqueur.
I don't have any hurricane glasses I would want to use for a party. I have to add that to my 'get' list. The ones I have came from Iraq. While Beau was deployed he sent me beautiful drink sets. But I don't have any casual glasses except for wine glasses. Oh, and whiskey glasses. Beau drinks his margaritas out of Mason jars. lol We got the idea from a restaurant in Lawton, Oklahoma. The Santa Fe. They serve the worlds BEST margarita.
Well, it is now 9:56am. Beau wanted to sleep in this morning and boy is he. This is the latest he has slept in a while. I have been up since 8. I'm ready to go wake him up and find something to do.
Yesterday he said 'get dressed, we're going somewhere'. And of course that got my interest perked up! ha So we jumped into the jeep, top on it was kinda rainy, off we went. So we drove around for a very long time just looking around and enjoying life. He took a road I'd never been on, of course asking where we were going. Only to be told it was a surprise. I could tell we was getting close to the beach, I could smell it. Obviously not a beach I'd ever been to. He told me to look ahead and there it was. Barbers Point. A very beautiful beach. We drove down it for a while then pulled over and got out. We walked on the beach for a while. So very romantic. I love my husbands surprises. I really enjoyed my life with him.
"We may not have it all together but together we have it all."
