Oh! Books...
I love love love old Harlequin Romance books. I'm talking about the ones my grandma read. I was thinking about how I wished I had some and wondered where an old book store would be at here on the island. Then it hit me. EBAY!
I logged onto Beau's Ebay account and began my search. I found a galore of them! Book heaven! I was so excited I started bidding, clicking on the 'Buy It Now' thingamagig and bought up more than I probably need. They come in lots, anywhere from 2 to 14 books per lot. I can't wait to start getting them in the mail!!
My fascination for these books started when I was around 14. I stayed at my grandparents house almost every weekend. Slept in the same spare bedroom and snooped to my hearts content. Every where but the compartments on the headboard. One night I couldn't sleep and opened one up and there they were. Books. Stacks of them. I picked one up and read the back. Intriguing. I felt like maybe I was doing something wrong. These were 'grown up' books. {if you ever read an old one you'll know that they were NOT trashy at all} I couldn't help myself. I began to read. I couldn't put it down. I will never forget that first book. Etched into my memory to this day. It didn't take me very long to read it and I picked up another one. Before the summer was over I'd read every single one of those books. I've been hooked ever since.
I was telling my daughter this story after I had bought all the books on Ebay. She was giggling. She said I have story too. When she was around the same age of 14, she picked up one of my Harlequins and read it. She said she'd take it to the bathroom to read it. She could only read a little bit at a time. It took her weeks to read one book that way. How cute. She loves to read as much, if not more, as I do. She's just as excited as I am to get these books.
Ok, now I'm really going to go read this time.
Ciao!
