Excited? Heck yes I am! In three days a friend & her family will be here to spend ten days with me & my family. I don't even know what to do with myself I'm THAT excited. She comes to Hawaii often so I won't be playing the role of tour guide. I'm so ready to see someone from HOME!
Other breaking news: Going hiking tomorrow. Ugh! I don't know why I do these things to myself but I find myself saying yes before the thought process has been fully calculated. Which reminds me, I need to look online for another marathon/run. {I'm twisted I've decided} My lovely daughter asked if I wanted to go for a hike tomorrow. Sure! Shin splints I hear you calling me already. At least I will have lost another lb before facing Lieutenant W. on Friday. He gives me the o' skunk eye right before he whips out the tape to measure my waist. I know I could take him, he's a skinny lil shit. He makes me nervous. If he yells at me I really don't know what my reaction would be. Two options: cry or yell back. Neither are pleasant.
I realized something today. I miss tanning beds. Not so much the tanning bed itself, the whole tanning experience. The wearing of sloppy clothes because you're 'just going to tan' and not wearing make up without feeling the guilt. I had a tanning ritual: Find my biggest, slouchiest shirt and shortest shorts. Sports bra, throw caution to the wind, who cares about saggy tits...I was going to get my tan on. Then the tan itself. The smell of tanning lotion sizzling on your skin. {I could skip the sweating part} After chatting with the skinny, overly tanned, fake boobed aging woman who thought she was still a teenager behind the counter, I'd go next door to Braums and get a big o' german chocolate ice cream in a waffle cone & a diet soda. {because the diet soda cancels the ice cream you see...} Good times, good times.
Always remember this girls...TANNED FAT IS PRETTIER THAN WHITE FAT.
In case you haven't heard me say this before, I love Bruno Mars. "And when you smile, the whole world stops and stares for a while, cause girl you're amazing just the way you are..."
Peace. Love. &. Tanning Beds.