Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Blessings

So it's been awhile....

I feel incredibly awesome and life is looking mighty wonderful from where I sit. There's a few bumps in my road but with a whole lot of faith in God's power I believe those bumps are going to be safe enough for me and my family to travel across.

The most important bump is that my son heard from his unit this week and it's official, he's being deployed to Kuwait in November for a year. The blessing in this bump is that it's not to Afghanistan. I've all the faith in the world that Brody will be perfectly safe.

Next bump, my nephew Tyler will be deployed to Iraq in August. The blessing in this particular bump is that he's in the USAF and their deployments are shorter than the Army's. He'll be there 4 to 6 months.

Another bump is that I can't eat more than a tablespoon of food at a time. The blessing in this bump is that I'm about to eat every 30 minutes and not feel deathly sick and that this won't last forever.

I've way more blessings than bumps. I'm grateful & thankful.

Blessings:
Beau won't be deploying for at least the rest of this year.
My family is healthy.
I have more love given to me on a daily basis than most people see in a lifetime.
I can talk to my son every day now.
I made it through a major surgery without any complications or any pain.
I have an incredible daughter who has turned into a wonderful woman. {just turned 21}
I have a son who I have no doubt will be something of great importance before his life is over.
I get to wake up to the most amazing man every morning.
I get to live in a tropical paradise.
I have the love of God.

These are just a few, mighty few, blessings that I've been blessed with. I'd be sitting here forever if I wrote out all the blessings I can think of. {not to mention all the ones I can't think of}

Peace. Love. &. Blessings.