Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Home Alone?

What a good morning! I slept in for the first time in a long time. I do feel bad for not cooking Beau breakfast. He didn't complain, he crawled back in bed with me and took a nap before work. Great snuggle time.

I'm getting use to this being alone thing. I will admit it was hard at first. No kids bickering & arguing. No slamming of doors. No loud music or TV. No refrigerator door being opened & shut hundreds of times. No fighting over the remote. It's sad but I knew it'd happen eventually. I'm happy that Sally Jo still lives at home even though I rarely see her. Just knowing she sleeps here is enough to keep me from having Empty Nest Syndrome.

I get to hear from Brody on a regular basis now. He keeps me updated on his life. He's still the crazy & funny Brody that I know & love. He makes his mama happy when he says he misses me & home. I won't see much of him this year. I'll see him a couple of weeks in July then he's off to Washington state. After that a lot more training before he heads out to Kuwait in November. {As of now he'll be over there for 15 months.} I keep telling myself how proud I am of him but some days it really doesn't help me in the 'missing my son' department. I want to be selfish & keep him safely at home on other days. I ride that emotional roller coaster.

Two more years left here in Hawaii. We've started talking about where we want to go for the next move. {Not that it's our choice but so far we've been lucky & have got to go where we wanted to.} I don't really mind as long as its a 3 yr duty station. I don't like moving! Only a little over 4 yrs until retirement. Yay!!! I can't express how much joy that brings me, us. Oklahoma bound! I cannot wait to put our roots back down in Oklahoma. I don't miss the weather but I miss the people. There is no place like it.

Well it's time to clean my house. Floors need to be swept & mopped. Dishes need to be put in dishwasher. It isn't much to do but it's something! After that it's treadmill time. I enjoy it actually. So until tomorrow....tootles!

Peace. Love. &. Sunshine.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic