Every time I get a sunburn I swear that it'll never happen again. I don't know how I ever forget that I AM Irish & I will burn without sunblock. As I sit here typing I feel the heat on my legs & thighs from the latest kiss from the sun. Ouch. It brings out my freckles more than usual. When I was little I would daydream about my freckles all connecting one day and ta-da my skin would be tan with no freckles. But a girl without freckles is like the sky without stars...
{Yes, that actually does make me feel better about having freckles}
My son is finally home & I'm loving having all of my family in one place again. It'll be short lived but while he's here I'm loving every second of it. Oh how I've missed his sarcasm & smartass remarks. I missed his laughter, his jokes, & sense of humor. I love watching him eat my home cooked meals & I love that he appreciates the small things I've always done for him so much more now. I hate that he's grown up & doesn't need me as much these days but he's turning into one hell of a man. I love hearing his chain of command comment on how 'squared away' he is and all the compliments they toss his way without ever knowing what they say makes this mama so proud of her son.
I don't know who is happier he's home. Me, his dad, or his sister. Beau doesn't oooh & awww over him like I do. But you can see pride in his eyes when he talks about his son, the way he chuckles listening to Brody's basic training stories. I love how they compare Brody's basic training to Beau's ''old school'' basic training. They swap stories and get a lot of chuckles. It's music to my ears.
Sally Jo has even started running with her little brother just to spend time with him. Their dad & I get a kick out of watching them together. They've came along way in their brother & sister relationship. Oh they can still throw down. Brody still pesters Sally Jo with great delight. I think she secretly loves it. She won't go anywhere without her brother since he's been home. Brings a lot of joy to my heart.
On our way home from picking Brody up from the airport they were already arguing in the backseat. I glanced over at Beau, he had a huge smile on his face. I asked why was he smiling so big. He replied, "I missed that'' as he was looking in the rear view mirror. I couldn't help but laugh and remember all the times he'd growl at the kids for bickering and arguing. I was pretty sure that this moment wouldn't last long. It didn't. lol!
Well, my family is starting to come in one by one & it's time for me to start supper.
Peace. Love. &. A Happy Heart.