Sunday, August 28, 2011

Another weekend ending...

I never like Sunday nights. I know that in a few short hours my snuggle bear, who am I kidding, my grizzly will be getting up and heading out for PT. Then the weekly routine sets in and I'm back to being a 1950's housewife.

You know though, since the AC has broke I haven't cooked a heck of a lot. Even with just the stove top going, it can sure heat up the joint! Whew!! That's for the birds. This 1950's housewife can sure make a mean ham & cheese sandwich!

I really miss cooking. I can't wait to crack open my Pioneer Woman cookbook and try out another recipe. So far everything I've whipped up from her cookbook has been a huge hit with the grizzly and our cubs. PW and Paula Deen are my cooking heroes. I like how they think, and how they cook. Could be that PW lives on a ranch in my Oklahoma and Paula Deen is about southern as you could possibly get.

The only 'chore' that doesn't get done on a bidaily {yes, that's a word. urban dictionary, bam!} is mopping. I can sweep every day, twice a day. But give me a mop and I start sweating. This girl doesn't handle sweat very well. I mean, there are times I sweat and I feel accomplished. Like say, walking at the track, working my arms at the gym, a session of good lovin' with my grizzly...those are the sweat moments I endure. Mopping? Not so much. I really don't know which is worse. Dirty floors or sweaty Jolene. Both are ugly and people don't want to tackle either. Imagine that. I SAY that I'll mop them right before I go to bed. You know, when it's cooler and the wild animals I call my family won't mess them up with the lovely red dirt. The truth is I just like how it sounds coming out of my mouth. I really don't have the inclination to mop at bedtime. But boy does it sound good telling the fam I'm going to do it.

It's now nine after midnight and I feel a slight inkling of sleepiness sweeping across my eyes. I think I can fight it off for a round or two in a game on Pogo.
Goodnight, sweet dreams or happy nightmares!

Peace. Love. &. Sweat.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic