Another Sunday coming to an end. As always, it's unwanted and unwelcome. I'm one of those crazy women who actually enjoys her husbands company. I miss him when he leaves me for work. Sigh.
I've decided that tomorrow is just as good as any day to get started on the "getting out of the funky moody blues mood" mission. I believe that the month of October has put a hex on me. Coincidental?
Saturday was a good day. Steph came over and we drove around the 'hood' looking for yard sales. We're yard sale snobs, we will admit it. Drive by slowly, looking to see if peoples 'stuff' is good enough for us to stop and browse. Few, precious few, made the cut. I bought a cookbook. Steph managed to get away without purchasing anything. We had fun though, basically that is all that matters.
Of course we stuck around the house to watch our Oklahoma Sooners kick some butt. It was a nail biter for me, I love a good blow-out.
Steph left and so it was just Beau and myself. I thought I'd have myself a nice lil nap.
Beau said he wanted to show me something. He drug out this huge book of important looking things. He sat down beside me and began flipping through the pages. Of course this perked up my interest, I'm a nosy gal by nature. He finally found the piece of paper he was looking for. A calendar. Dated from todays date all the way to March, 2013.
He handed me the calendar and said nothing. I skimmed over the rest of this year. Then onto 2012. Wow, a lot of missions. But 45 days at a time, not bad. Then my eyes stopped on the beginning of 2013. In a grey shaded box was printed out OEF. I'm not savvy on a lot of Army lingo or acronyms but I do know what OEF means. Operation Enduring Freedom.
Another deployment to Afghanistan.
Like any Army wife, I know it's coming. It's just a question of when. But the news of a deployment is always hard, it's tough, it's emotional. I blinked back some tears because I know it was tough on my husband to tell me. He found out the day before. He said the first thought to come to his mind was, "how am I going to tell my wife." That's sad! So who am I to be weak in front of this man? He knows I am. He knows I'm on the verge of tears. He's sitting there staring at me. Waiting. I simply say, "We'll be alright." We even have a laugh. It's what we do. Humor is our best medicine. I love him, I adore him, and I support him. 100%.
Oddly enough my mind went directly to dates, my son will be coming home from his year long deployment in December of 2012. My husband leaves for a year long deployment the first of 2013. Two straight years without two of the three people who mean the world to me. Two of the three people who I love most. Being an Army wife and Army mom is no joke. But I strongly believe that these things happen for a reason. They are a link in the armor of our great nation. I proudly support their decisions and their choices. I'm proud of the man my husband is and the man my son is becoming.
Thank God for my lovely and stubborn daughter. She has pinky promised to never leave me! lol
Of course, I won't hold her to that promise...at least not for two years.
It's time for my brain to shut down and rest...
Peace. Love. &. Deployments.