Saturday, October 29, 2011

Buckle Up!

October is almost over and I don't like it. I've been anxiously counting the days til Thanksgiving but I realized tonight what that meant.

My son will be leave shortly after Thanksgiving for a year. Oh, I know you've heard all about this before. My baby will be overseas for a whole year. Its really hard to wrap my mind around it. So far I've done a great job ignoring it for the most part. Eh.

I haven't really spent much time with him either, the Army decides when and if I get to see him. I've come to the conclusion that the US Army is stingy with it's soldiers. Boo! Seems to me if I had him first that I'd get first dibs on him. Its a no go though. Tomorrow is some kind of 'meet & greet' for the family members of his unit. Somebody called me today and informed me of this meeting. My son said, "Mom do not go!'' Eh, I think I just might.

My Saturdays have been filled with football and people whom I hold dearly to my heart. But I'm not feeling it anymore. The closer it gets to "the day'' the more out of it I get. I've been a funky kind of moody blues rut and I couldn't put my finger on the monster behind it. I guess I've done such a good job at ignoring the fact that my son was leaving. It hit me like a ton of bricks tonight. The reality is, he's leaving and there's not a damn thing I can do about it. Truth is, I don't think I'd ask him to stay or do anything to get him to stay. {as if he has a choice...} I'm extremely proud of him for doing what others don't or can't do. I'm very patriotic and by his choice to join the United States military has made me more so. Okay, so my husband had a lot to do with that strong pride in my country and our military. But honestly, it'd be there even if my husband wasn't a soldier. Honest. My point is, as much as I am sad that Brody is leaving I'm that much and more proud that he is.

I know this, the next year of my life will be full of ups and downs. Twists and turns. One giant roller coaster ride of emotions. Buckle up, its going to be a doozy.

Well, I guess I'm done rambling tonight. Pretty sure I didn't make a lick of sense but it helps me to just blog it out.

G'night big o' world.

Peace. Love. &. Patriotism.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic