Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Happy Halloween

I had a cute Halloween. I got to sleep in. {This would make any day awesome} Then lunch with my handsome husband. After he left my lovely daughter came home & we went shopping. Ahhh, shopping. Focus, Jolene, focus. Ordered pizza for supper as we waited for all the lil 'trick or treaters' to mosey on down our street.

My best friend came over with her bucket of candy. We sat on my front porch and watched Beau hand it all out. I think he had more fun than the kids who were getting his hands full of candy. Oh sure he likes to act all mean & bad but he's not fooling anyone. Well, okay maybe his soldiers would disagree but if they could only see the side of him that sat out on our front porch handing out candy and compliments on the cutesy costumes....they'd probably still think he was a meanass. ha!

Besides the bestie, my son came home early and my daughter brought over her boyfriend. It was nice having everyone here. Then seeing some of our friends and their kids as they stopped for candy and a few laughs. It wasn't a wicked or scary night, it was a cute & fun night filled with laughter. I loved it.

Tomorrow all the cobwebs, spiders, skeletons, and fake carved pumpkins will come down and go back up for another year. This holiday only takes me closer to the one I love most, Christmas. I can't tell you, because there are no words big enough to describe my love for Christmas. Its not the presents for me that makes it my favorite. It'd take another blog to fill you in on my love for Jesus' birthday. I'm sure you'll hear all about it the closer it gets...Sleigh bells ring, are you listening??

My eyes are heavy and I'm going to quit fighting sleep. If anything exciting happens while I'm sleeping...I'll...well, I'll...learn about it tomorrow!

Peace. Love. &. Holidays.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic