I'm going on day four of being sick with a common cold. I'm beginning to doubt the ''common'' part of my cold. I wish it'd go back to where it came from or to whom it came from. Blah.
In spite of being sick I'm enjoying my December very much. My house is fully decorated and my little front yard is as good as it can be for its size. It all look so flippin' cute. I'm listening to my Christmas music and relaxing all by myself. Life is good.
Thankfully no drama, well none worth speaking about, has reared its ugly head lately. I've been snipping and ripping all the drama makers out of my life one by one. You know it doesn't have to be a big ordeal of a drama, even the little drama makes me irritable. I've slowly edged those out too. I cannot stand snippity people. You know the ones. You're friends when it suits THEM but the moment they don't need you any longer, they're gone. At first I rationalized this, handed out a couple 'benefit of the doubt' passes but the longer I've sat back and watched this go on I've found that I don't like this being in my life. SNIP! Outta here.
I'm back on track. I've been trying to come up with something cool for Christmas. I've came up lacking. My son not being home for the first time ever has sure enough thrown a monkey wrench into my holiday festivities. I'm sure it will work out, it always does. The older I get, the more I like to plan things out. Not that it does any good. ;)
I went shopping yesterday. A little retail therapy session. Among the many adorable things I bought were a pair of reindeer crocheted slippers. I must say these are probably my favorite thing to wear. They just make me smile every time I look down at my feet. Beau came home from work and started smiling when he looked down at my feet. I said, I KNOW! They make me smile too!! He said they sure are cute. Funny how the little silly things can make your heart so light.
It's getting closer to Beau getting home from work, I'm excited as always. Seeing him walk through the front door is the best part of my day. I love my best friend!
Peace. Love. &. Reindeer Slippers.