Saturday, October 30, 2010

My Greatest Gifts

When I don't fall right to sleep, I might as well get up. Its just not going to happen. So here I am at exactly 3:33am, wide awake.

One of my favorite parts of the day is when Beau and I get settled into bed and our kids come visit us. You'd be surprised what comes out in these late night talks. It makes me extremely happy that they feel comfortable enough to spill their souls. Most of the time its a time of laughing and joking. Sally Jo telling us about her crazy days and Brody just being crazy. Tonight was cute, Sally Jo had us all laughing being her silly self. Life doesn't get any better than that. I love my kids and I love the way they've love me back.

I know that change is coming. I embrace every minute with my family, life passes us by so quickly. If I could keep things the way are now, I would. I love the life I have. I have never been able to say that and mean it. I truly love the life God's given me. I cherish it. Those aren't just words. It's truth. If I could hold on to the moments like I'm living now I would but knowing that more moments are to come makes it easy let go.

You could search the world over and not find any happier wife and mother than this woman that writes these words. God offered me a gift and I didn't know if I was strong enough to take it. I thank God often for giving me strength, courage and most importantly, peace. I hit my knees weak once and I stood up strong. I took the gift my God offered. He gives me every day to thank him. I fall short more often than not but He keeps forgiving me and loving me in spite of me being me. For all of my life I'll give Him thanks for a loving husband and two wonderful children.

No matter what my tomorrows bring me, good or bad, I will always have my God, my husband and my children. These are the greatest gifts ever given to me.



Image and video hosting by TinyPic