Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Happy November

Oh by the way, Happy November! It's going to be a wonderful month, I can feel it in my bones. I'm excited about Thanksgiving and more excited about putting up my brand new 7 foot Christmas tree the day after Thanksgiving!!!

My manly man husband requested I sell all my Holiday decorations in our moving sale. I was pretty ok with it then, thinking about all the new stuff I'd get to buy. But now it seems like a horrible idea. I loved my things. Why did I let that man talk me into selling them???

Anyways, Thanksgiving will be super great. We're having some soldiers over that won't get to go home to their families this year. I'm more than happy to cook for these guys. One will leave a few days after Thanksgiving to Iraq. It's really sad he wont get to go home before going over there. I feel honored to have him over.

I asked one soldier if there was anything in particular he'd like to have for Thanksgiving, he didn't even hesitate. He asked if I knew how to make cornbread dressing. Cornbread dressing is one of my favorite things to cook, he was happy to hear this. He added a dessert to my menu. We only had four so what was one more?? ha ha It really makes my heart happy to get to do this for these guys. It's what the Holidays are all about.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic