Well it's a super good morning. Nothing like waking up at 5am and feeling well rested. I must say, sleep aides are AWESOME. Unisom, I love thee!
Went to the eye doctor yesterday, as suspected I needed reading glasses. (I haven't went to pick out frames yet but I'm thinking black square[ish] rims.) My lovely Army eye doc was nice enough to inform me that it's to be expected at my age. He just had to say "well you are 40 this year", I said thanks for reminding me. Everywhere I go these days people feel the need to point this fact out, like i don't know. Oh I know. Anyways, it was a long check up, unlike any civilian checkup I'd ever had. These Army doctors are very thorough. A little unnerving. Thankfully he was pretty to look at.
When I get nervous I chatter, a lot. I was pretty nervous after the pressure test thingy came back high. I didn't and still don't really know what that meant but when you hear the words 'came back high', you get a lil nervous. So I was chirping away with questions. The poor doc was answering as quick as I was belting them out. At one point I had to rest my chin and forehead onto this thing and be relaxed. Huh? First of all, I have boobs that get in the way in such situations. As he was trying to help me get into the position he wanted me in, I finally had to say it. "My chest is in the way." I was a little flustered and quite frankly embarrassed. Was the doc? Why no, no he wasn't. He simply replied that he was going to come up with an invention to work around that very thing. I giggled. He laughed. It was an awkward funny moment. So, I sat on the edge of my examination chair, leaning ever so beautifully into this contraption trying not to giggle while this thingy was headed straight for my eyeball. It's hard to sit still when you know your eyeball is about to be touched, isn't it? Yes it is! What should have been a quick routine thing took a lil longer. I broke out into a sweat at one point. Thank God my doc had the patience of Job. I feel like I should send him a bouquet of flowers for the whole ordeal.
Long story short, my eyes are fine. Just getting old, apparently. I have developed a squint which has lead to wrinkles, perhaps some botox after I go pick out my frames...
