Monday, November 15, 2010

Lazy days in Hawaii

I haven't blogged in a while. Most times people don't blog when they live busy lives. Not me. I live on island time, in other words lazy time.

My day consists of me waking up at 5:00 to 5:30am, by this I mean getting up long enough to see to my husbands needs and then flopping back into bed until 7:30am. (by needs I mean getting his PT clothes out for him and finding his keys, etc....)
At 7:30 I start getting breakfast ready for when Beau walks back in the door. I then lounge on the couch watching whatever catches my mood on TV.
Beau comes home, showers, eats breakfast and cuddles with me on couch til 8:40. He leaves for work.
I then clean up breakfast mess. Check Facebook and emails. Respond or reply to what is interesting.
Back to my couch for a bit. Dreading that long trek up those 17 steps upstairs to make the bed and pick up dirty clothes in the bathroom. But I do it.
I look around the house to see what needs done. (usually nothing!) So I will sweep and mop if needed. Laundry. Turn the dishwasher on, or tell Brody to.
Think about blogging.
Back to lounging on the couch. Wait til Beau comes home for lunch.
11:30 Beau walks back in. I make lunch. Eat. Then more cuddle time on couch. (We started watching "What Happens In Vegas" today, will finish it together tonight.
At 12:40 he goes back to work.
Clean up lunch mess.
Walk to the mailbox and grab the junk mail and the tagalong bill or two.
(When I'm feeling rebellious I let the mail accumulate for a couple of days.)
By now it's 1:00, maybe.
I flip through the channels. HGTV usually wins out over the undesirable channels.
If Sally Jo is home, a trip to the beach or something equally fun is required.
Or...
I open all the windows and doors and let that wonderful island breeze fill the house.
I grab a book, my glasses and head out to the back to read in the sun.
On some days I'll wander over to the thrift store to see what goodies is in store for me there.
Some days I mingle with the Army wives at the commissary. But unlike those women, I wear my comfy clothes and flip flops. They dress as if going out to a club, high heels included. It's great entertainment. It's hard to shop for groceries when you are constantly bombarded with tits and ass to the eyesight. If you think I'm joking, come go with me. No wonder there's a lot of soldiers shopping for groceries.
Today I think I'll mosey on over to the library. I'm needed a good novel to keep me occupied.
But after that it's waiting until Beau gets home at 5:30 or so.
Then it's supper time. (spaghetti tonight)
And depending on what Beau wants to do, we may go bowling. Go for a walk. Go to the beach. Or just snuggle up on the couch. You never know about that man. I'm always prepared!
Around 10:00 we wind down and time for bed. I like to watch TV in bed while Beau drifts off to dreamland. Though he swears he doesn't dream, weirdo. (I'm skipping parts for your sake)
Then to wake up and do it all over again.

My lazy days in Hawaii...

Image and video hosting by TinyPic