Monday, November 29, 2010

Missing Snow

It's almost 2am and here I sit wide awake. I sure love to sleep but sometimes its hard for my mind and body to unwind enough to partake in it. I didn't take my 'sleep aide' and I can tell it.

I'm listening to Christmas songs. I can't believe I'm about to say this but....I miss snow. After last year I would have never thought I'd miss SNOW. I was snowed in Lawton Oklahoma on Christmas Eve and my family was home safe and warm. It was the day after Beau had major knee surgery but he came to save me. My hero. Drove a stick shift through a wildlife reserve (because the interstate and post was closed) to get me, saving the day. I was so brave though before knowing he was going to be able to come get me. I put on one of his knit hats I found in his truck, thank God I drove it that day. I covered up with clothes that he had stuffed behind the seat. I'd turn the truck on for heat for a little bit and then turn it off. I didn't know for sure if I could leave it running. I was sooo nervous and scared. I didn't even cry...much. I just knew I'd be stuck in the Wal Mart parking lot on Christmas Eve without my family. Talk about a pity party! ha! But my hero came through and I was taken home but it took 2 hours to drive a 30 minute drive. Whew! I was never so glad to see home!

But now here in Hawaii I kinda wish I had some snow. Go figure. I guess I'm getting a little homesick for Medicine Park. I cannot wait to move back some day.

Well, I think I'll go watch an old movie til I fall asleep. G'night.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic