I survived five long hours of my LEAN class yesterday. I was pumped full of information, some I already knew but obviously don't apply to my life. Some things I was shocked about.
I've journaled/logged my food for the last 3 weeks. It's amazing what I've ate and the calories intake. I'm surprised I'm still alive. It's a good habit to get into. Logging your food intake. Oh! And exercise log as well. It's an eye opener. It will change how you eat for sure. A very good tool on changing your eating lifestyle.
Beau went with me to this briefing for support. It was so cute. He was the only man. He was addressed a lot and to my surprise even let out a "Hooah" when asked questions. Something was said about active duty members not eating right, that when deployed the Army seen it fit to give them suft & turf a lot. (apparently not that healthy) Beau spoke up and said that while deployed that Christmas and Thanksgiving was a big moral booster. That they knew there'd be plenty of food, good food. And the Capt said well thats why men came back over weight. Beau then said that there wasn't many overweight soldiers in Iraq. To damn hot. Then the Capt admitted she'd never been deployed so she didn't know. His point was made. A lot of people can sit back and give advice but unless you've lived it, you really don't know.
Anyway, I'm very grateful that Beau went with me. A lot of men wouldn't sit through a 5 hour briefing over nutrition. It feels good to have all his support.
I'm meeting my goals and doing it the healthy way. It feels really good. Today I have a group support meeting to go to. I never thought I'd be looking forward to something like this. To be weighed and taped. ha ha I'm taking Sally Jo with me today. My whole family is so supportive. I love them all.
