Yesterday Beau asks if I want to ride to the store with him. I say sure but I am not getting out anywhere. {I was still in my pj's} I hop in the Jeep and off we go. We have the music turned up, listening to some good o' country music. Life is good. We just ride around. We go up this mountain behind our house. We pull off the road. We park. Here we are right smack dab in front of a trail that leads up the mountain to a old Hawaiian sacrificial rock. Do we hike or not? We do! I'm in flip flops and pjs. I'm good to go! Right?
I've lived by mountains all my life growing up. The Quachita mtns back in Oklahoma have nothing on these as far as steep and rugged. I have to stop often, this hike is kicking my butt. Finally make it to the top. Big rock. Nice. Heads were chopped off here. Nice. LETS GO! The trip back down was rougher than the hike up. It was slick on the o' flip flops. But I made it down without falling or injury! Yay for me! Whew.
Then at 7pm its time for my 3 mile trek around the track. I was so flippin' sore I didn't want to do 3 miles but I made myself. Thinking it would make me less sore.....
I woke up this morning barely able to move. The word sore doesn't cover how I feel. I HURT. Every inch of me. There's not a spot of flesh and muscle that isn't screaming "BITCH!" It's THAT bad. I usually get up with Beau and get him off to work but this morning all I could do is do a half roll and say my I love you and a weak I'm sorry. He just chuckled and told me to go back to sleep. I didn't have to be told that twice.
I roll {literally} out of bed to make the journey downstairs. I get to the stairs and really ask myself if I really need to go down there. I could live one day upstairs. But I made myself do it. One side step at a time. Ouch!
I managed to lift my leg one inch off the floor and onto the scales. Then the other one. Guess what? A whopping 6 more lbs! I'm so flippin' excited I forget how sore I am and attempted to do a happy dance. It's cut short but mentally I was still dancing! I'm so proud of ME! I'm doing this.
Life is good even when I'm so sore I can't move.
