Wednesday, January 5, 2011

I can do it...

Whew! I just work up from a nice long sleep. I had a headache like I've not experienced in a long time yesterday evening. Allergies to boot. I took some Tylenol and Benedryl. It knocked me out around 9pm. I woke up for the first time around 6am this morning. Back to sleep then woke up when Beau crawled into bed with me at a lil after 9am. It is now after 1pm. Think I got enough sleep? Hooootie Hoo!

Beau had 24 hour duty starting yesterday at 9am to 9am this morning. I so don't like it. I don't understand why all these lil soldiers who have nothing better to do with their spare time but to get into trouble, can't take that duty over. Probably because they're not trustworthy. Irritates me nevertheless. He's sleeping like a baby upstairs. It makes me happy to have him home even if it is him sleeping, I know he's here. I love him.

Yesterday was eventful. I dreaded it to be honest. It turned out to be one of my better days. To begin with I had to drive myself to Triple AMC, which I'd never done before. Had no clue how to get there. But I put my brave face on and tackled that adventure head on. Got there and felt accomplished for not needing anyone to take me. Sounds simple, driving in Hawaii is not like driving back home.

I get there and early. That was an accomplishment in itself. I go get checked in and fill out some crazy paperwork on my mental health. I was nervous about this appointment but it turned out to be a very good thing. I walked away with loads of information that is useful. When we looked at the clock the Dr was surprised, my 30 minute appointment turned into over an hour. I'm doing great. On track, which was nice. I was worried I wasn't where I should be. Yay for me.

I made a healthy dinner. Chicken fajitas with lots of fresh green bell peppers, onions, tomatoes. Everything I need to be eating but haven't. White rice in chicken broth. Yum yum. Homemade guacamole with fresh veggies. I'm not ashamed to say it, I'm a good cook. lol

It's quite in the house. Both kiddos are at the beach. Beau sleeping. Kiki entertaining herself. Ah. It feels good. Life is still rockin'!

Now it's time for me to snack on some cucumbers and no fat Ranch dressing. :)
Image and video hosting by TinyPic