Have you ever felt real pride? Pride for your country? For your husband?
I do every day at 5 o'clock in the afternoon. To be more specific, five minutes til 5 o'clock. When I hear a bugle play Retreat. It gives me a great sense of pride. The American flag coming down and how the military stops to pay respect. They all face towards the flag, no matter where on post they're at. A mile away or a few feet from the flag. Hands are placed over their hearts and their world stops til the bugle call is over. It's a sight to see. When we're out among soldiers and the bugle calls and I witness it in person, I get chills. Every time. I never knew you could literally feel pride.
My windows and doors are open and in the neighborhood you hear kids playing, someones hammering something and in the distance you can hear helicopters. A few minutes ago I heard the bugle call, Retreat. I can't explain to you how it feels to live in this environment, I feel blessed to live this life.
God bless America.
